It’s Halloween, so we didn’t just want to tell you spooky tales or talk about the history of the holiday (you can find that here). Instead, since its #TastyTuesday, we thought that a nice pumpkin Swiss roll would really get everyone into the holiday mood. Nothing says “Halloween” like a Swiss roll, right?
Joyce, one of the P2P staffers, spent the day making this awesome recipe and documenting it for us. We wish we were there to taste the results. She assures us it was amazing.
Here are the steps for this fall treat….
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place parchment paper in a pan (13 in x 9 in).
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, granulated sugar, pumpkin, flour, baking soda, and cinnamon.
Note: the recipe Joyce followed uses canned pumpkin but she decided to use real pumpkin instead since she wanted to buy a pumpkin and carve it for Halloween!
3. Add the walnuts into the batter then spread the batter into the prepared pan.
4. Bake until the cake is puffed and a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Let the cake stand for 5 minutes, then carefully roll up the cake. Let it cool completely before spreading the filling.
6. Beat together the cream cheese, butter, sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Carefully unroll the cake, spread with the cream cheese filling, then re-roll into a log.
7. Try a bite of your pumpkin Swiss roll and enjoy!
We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as Joyce did. Let us know if you make this and if you modified it at all. Or share a favorite Halloween treat you like.
-Your Ultimate Event Sidekick